Wednesday, May 11, 2011

I DO NOT CARE



Has anyone ever seen ‘Remember the Titans’? It stars Denzel Washington and a young Hayden Panettiere…and also a lot of other people but those are the two who people would remember. Anyway, if you have seen it, remember the scene where Sheryl is in the stands with Boone’s family, talking a mile a minute about football? I can’t remember exactly what she said but it had something to do with being All Star or something. It’s cute and shows how much Sheryl loves football. Remember what happens next? Nicky (Boone’s oldest if I remember correctly) turns and says “I do not care,” with enough force it does stop Sheryl from talking. Remember that scene? I felt like Nicky yesterday.

A lot of people probably say they love learning, they just hate school. I’m not one of those: I love school. I love getting up and learning something new every day. It’s just the way God made me, I guess. Yesterday, however, my alarm went off at 6:35 AM and I just laid there not wanting to move. I finally got up and turned it off but I paced for about 3 or 4 minutes seriously deciding if I wanted to go to school or not. I did not. My conscience (who is very loud and sounds like my mother) started throwing a fit because I needed to go to school—I needed to ask a question about a lab, I needed to turn in homework, I needed to take a test, I needed to…I needed to do a lot of stuff at school that I wouldn’t be able to do if I stayed home. I DID NOT CARE. What I wanted to do was climb back into bed, pull the covers over my head, and go back to sleep—to let the world drift by me as I stopped for one day and did whatever I wanted.

To make a long, long, long, long, long, long, LONG day short: I did go to school. I fought myself every step of the way but I got in my car (because I drive to school) and headed off on Sunbury Rd. I ended up getting “lost” but I still made it to school before 9:00 AM. I say “lost” because I wasn’t very familiar with the new route I took and the exit I wanted was named something else. I figured that out as I was heading north on 315…pretty much opposite of my school. And that was the “fun” part of my day. Yesterday just sucked.

Anyone ever have one of those days? There was nothing particularly wrong with yesterday, besides a test in Physics, but something seemed wrong about it. Like 1+1 might equal 3, it was just one of those days that didn’t make sense. I wasn’t feeling it and I swear my teachers didn’t care either. After my Physics test we’re supposed to do a lab: the teacher asked us if we wanted to go home afterwards. My CIT teacher cut lecture short to give us ‘lab time’…meaning I left half an hour early because my teacher didn’t want to lecture. It was just one of those I-DO-NOT-CARE days.

To even things out, I had an amazing song stuck in my head all day. It’s called ‘Blessings’ by Laura Story. In fact, I still have it stuck in my head. If you haven’t heard it go look it up on YouTube: HERE (I love that autocorrect corrected ‘youtube’ to YouTube. WIN :)). Just remember what I said about religion: it is a Christian song.

If you haven’t noticed by now, I’m the longer poster than Yoseph. I tend to talk more (he can verify that) so I guess that means I write more. I have to agree with what he said about homework. There is SO much homework you have to decide which assignments you’re not going to do because you don’t have the time to do it all. The quarter is wrapping up so I think the teachers/professors are trying to cram in a little more learning before exams but at what cost? Our sanity? Yeah, that seems about right o.O

~Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment